- 200 g (7 oz) white flour
- 150 g (5.30 oz)caster sugar
- 150 g (5.30 oz) margarine
- 2 tablespoons full of corn starch
- 1 small coffee-cup full of strong espresso coffee
- 16 g (1/2 oz)baking powder
- 2 tablespoons espresso coffee
- 125 g (4.40 oz)icing sugar
Melt the margarine over small heat. Place it in a bowl with the sugar and mix well. Add the corn starch, the white flour and, when the mixture starts to thicken, the small coffee cup. Mix well. Finally, add the baking powder.
Pour into a greased and floured small cake mould. Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C (350° F/ Gas Mark 4) for about 40 minutes.
Let it cool.
Prepare the icing mixing the two tablespoons of espresso coffee with the icing sugar. Spread it over the top of the cake and let it solidify at room temperature.