- 50 g (5.029 oz) white flour
- 125 g (4.40 oz) caster sugar plus a handful to garnish
- 125 g (4.40 oz) veggie margarine
- 100 g (3.52 oz)almond flour
- 50 g (1.76 oz) peeled almonds
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons matcha tea
- 2 teaspoons vanilla baking powder
Cream the veggie margarine and the sugar (I used a blender). Add the almond flour, the white flour and the baking powder. When the dough starts to thicken, place it on the working surface and add the water. Work until absorbed. Make a little well in the centre and add the matcha tea. Work until the dough will be homogenously green.
Line a baking tin with some greaseproof paper. Use the dough to form little balls (which will be your biscuits…!). Press gently and place a peeled almond on top of each biscuit. Sprinkle with caster sugar and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C (350°F/Gas Mark 4) for about 20 minutes. Be careful: the biscuits will seem soft, but they will harden once cooled.