about 6 servings
- 450 g (1 lb) white flour
- 100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 100 g (4 oz) veggie margarine, melted
- 350 ml (3/4 pint) soy milk
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 16 g (1/2 oz) baking powder
- 1 g powdered vanilla
This a typical Italian cake… It is simple, but good!
In a bowl mix the sugar and the margarine. Add the soy milk and the flour. Mix . Add the corn starch, the powdered vanilla and the baking powder.
Pour the mixture into a ring cake mould (previously greased and floured). Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180° C (350 F/ Gas Mark 4) for about 40 minutes.